Ever wished you could choose your favorite prints and designs for your very own pair of dream Cabooties? Four times a year, we give you the opportunity to do just that! In this post I'm going to teach you how to choose your perfect print and apply it to your favorite shoes, slippers, boots, and accessories, to create the shoes of your dreams.
Wondering when the next Custom Cabooties event will take place? Join us in The Cabooties Community to stay up to date.
Choosing your perfect print and placing a custom order can be intimidating the first time through. Never fear friend, I walked you through the whole process in this video:
Prefer to read? That's ok too! Let's walk through the process together
Step 1) Search for the perfect print
- Visit www.spoonflower.com
- Use the search tool to find the design of your choice.
- If you're having a hard time finding a design in Spoonflower's search, you can browse past custom print selections for inspiration here.
- You can also choose from any print we offer at Cabooties.com
Step 2) Determine if the print is the right size for your shoes
- Once you've found a print your like in the search, tap on the image. Keep in mind, the preview images on the search page are not all the same scale. A print that looks small in the preview image may actually be quite large, and vice versa.
- In the "size" drop down, select test swatch view. The toe of one shoe uses approximately 1/4 of a test swatch. (See the image below) On a computer, you can hover your mouse over the test swatch to determine how much of your print will be visible on the toe of your shoe.
- If you are happy with the amount of the print that is visible in a 4 inch by 4 inch square, this is a great fabric choice for baby shoes! If too much of the print is cut off, it's a good idea to keep looking for a smaller choice, check to see if the artist has the same print available in a different scale, or message the artist to see if they are willing to resize the design for you.
- Once you have selected your fabric, select the web address from the browser bar (long hold or right click), and copy the link. I'll show you where to past it in just a second
*If you can't find a suitable fabric choice, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a custom design created just for you!
Step 3) Place your order
- Now that you've copied your link, head over the the Custom Cabooties Collection.
- Select the style of shoe, slipper, or accessory you would like to have made in your print.
- For shoes or slippers, choose whether you would like your toe to be reinforced with an extra patch of rubber sole fabric on the top of the toe.
- For shoes or slippers, select your size. Keep in mind, custom Cabooties take roughly 2 months from the time you place your order to the time you place your order to the time you receive your custom shoes. If your child is close to growing out of their current size, I strongly encourage you to order the next size up.
- Paste your print selection from Spoonflower into the text box. (Right click, control-click, or long tap on the text box, and select paste). (If you did not copy the web address of you print, refer to Step 2.)
- Tap add to cart
- Optional: Create a custom bundle set by adding matching slippers and accessories to your order. Use code 10off55 to save 10% on bundles over $55.
That's it, you're officially a Cabooties designer!
I can't wait to see what print you chose.
I run special events like this one with Cabooties almost every week, and I kick them off with a live broadcast on Facebook
. I'd love to chat with you live!